Thursday, March 19, 2009

"BTH2: The Gathering"


In the year 2007, after filming "DIAF's The Tell-Tale Heart", I embarked on a little production to help some friends out. It started off as a "Scream" parody, then it became a horror movie parody, and finally it became a B-movie. But, not just any B-movie, an indie-B-movie by DIAF.
A mix of "SAW" and "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" with a little speck of romance and "Bury the Hatchet" was born. I tried to compensate the fact that the people in it were not (and are still not) actors, plus the shoddy quality of the camera we had and the small amount of time for filming, by making this indie-B-movie a Grindhouse Tribute. We did it in 10 hours and after some serious editing, the first screening came by. Now I was not expecting this to be a good movie, but the audience loved it! And so, I closed the chapter on my B-movie adventures.

Forward to 2008, another similar situation. I had no film whatsoever that year and I needed one for my english composition class. Now, I had a group of poor-english speaking non-actors, a digital minDV camera this time and 2 weeks to do it. My classmates decided to do a horror movie because I was in their team, and they know that blood is one of my specialities. So, I wrote a little story about a group of friends and a party they had and how a maniac kills them all. Now after writing this film, we decided that the title would be "The Last Gathering". For me it sounded as a cheap alien flick, but it worked. First day of shooting, we finished one third of the film and I head on home. I was sitting on my computer when I look at my hatchet (which has been used in "DIAF's The Tell-Tale Heart", "BTH", "BTH2" & "Voutre Cené") and it suddenly came to me, this crappy movie will be the "cheap-quel" for my previous crappy-B-indie-movie "BTH"! And it totally worked! The same Grindhouse formula was used and this one had even more success.

And now I am proud to announce the RE-RELEASE of "BURY THE HATCHET 2: The Gathering" with an ALL-NEW score by DIAF.

I know what you're thinking, "oh, it's the same movie only with different music"... WRONG!
It is still the same movie, but I changed the look of it. It has different shots, remastered sound, better effects and a bunch of stuff more! This is the definitive version of "BTH2".

Where can you see it? Well, the re-release is targeted for Halloween '09 along the original "BTH" (Director's Cut w/new score), but... You may be able to catch an early screening if you go to "Corto Creativo '09" (@ Cinemastar Plaza Americana, Otay - Date to be confirmed).

So now, I leave you with a trailer for this re-release!

Enjoy!



-DIAF

No comments:

Post a Comment